The Center for Healing and Wholeness works one-on-one with seniors and family caregivers to help them find and navigate resources, and plan for future care needs.
Proactive planning provides the most options for individuals, helps them reach their personal goals, and honors preferences.
We provide the following services:
Information & Referral
Our Resource Consultant, a Social Worker with special training and experience in elder services, listens to your needs and helps you evaluate your situation by facilitating:
- A brief assessment
- A tailored response – with information and materials for follow-up
- Resources to help you make informed and thoughtful decisions
Resource Consultation, Education and Family Meetings
Our Resource Consultant will meet one-on-one at your home or in our office. We help you develop an Action Plan that will help address current and expected upcoming needs.
Our support includes:
- Initial consultation
- In depth assessment of needs and a conversation about preferences, current support, and options
- Follow-up materials and information about possible services and support
- Preparation with you/family of an Action Plan with goals and a timeframe
- Helpful organizational and planning tools and tips
- A check-in or second meeting to review action taken and identify other needed resources
- Follow-up advice and support
Resource consultation, family meetings, and education programs are available with limited funding support under Title III-E of The Older Americans Act. Any contributions are appreciated and are used to help us stretch our federal funds to cover the lowest income individuals.
Sliding Fee Scale available, please inquire!
REACH – Resources for Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health
Our trained caregiver consultants support those caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia through on-on-one support, education, and counseling. The program aims to:
- Teach caregivers how to reduce stress, solve problems, and manage difficult behaviors the person with memory loss may display.
- Help caregivers feel confident in the care they provide and improve their ability to cope.
After completing an assessment designed to personalize the REACH sessions to your needs, our caregiver consultants prepare material specific to those needs and go through four core sessions with you, either over the phone or in person, to address those needs.
The REACH session fee is based on a sliding fee scale. Many qualify for a reduced rate.
Please contact the Center at 952-977-9363 to schedule an appointment. Offices are open from Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.