Mon, Apr 22|
Powerful Tools for Caregivers: Facilitator Training
Support caregivers in your community by becoming a certified Powerful Tools for Caregivers class leader.
Time & Location
Apr 22, 2024, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
About the event
Contact our front office staff to start the application and registration process. Applications and payment are due April 1.
Caring for a family member or friend with a chronic condition can be physically, emotionally, and financially draining. Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a highly effective, evidence-based, self-care education program for family caregivers that builds the skills caregivers need to take better care of themselves as they provide care for others. Caregiver participants learn to minimize the potentially negative impacts of caregiving in a 6-week small-group class series with practical strategies and tools. Classes are highly participatory and mutual support helps to build participants’ confidence and improve caregiver health and wellbeing. Research has found that people who complete a Powerful Tools for Caregivers workshop have:
- Increased awareness and utilization of local supportive services
- Increased confidence in coping with caregiver demands
- Reduced feelings of guilt, anger, and depression
- Improved self-care practices such as exercise, relaxation, and medical check-ups
What is needed to become a Powerful Tools For Caregivers Class Leader?
- Pre-registration and payment ($315) received prior to start of class
- Group facilitation experience and skills
- A sponsoring organization
- Experience working with family caregivers
- A co-leader with whom to teach the 6-week caregiver class
- Agree to the terms outlined in the Class Leader Certification Agreement form
Lead training facilitators Jennifer Monroe, MA, MPH and Patti Hankes, BA have collectively taught PTC in the community for over 15 years.
This leader training prepares and certifies Powerful Tools for Caregivers class facilitators to successfully co-lead the six-week evidence-based class series.
The cost of our training program includes:
- $200 Powerful Tools for Caregivers licensing fee
- Scripted curriculum
- Video and audio resources
- The Caregiver Helpbook, companion book to the class
- Networking connections with other licensed Class Leaders
- Intensive and interactive training provided by our team of certified Master Trainers